Science : Term 2 Unit 7 : Parts of Computer
I. Choose the correct answer:
1. Which one of the following is an output device?
Ans : Speaker
2. Name the cable that connects CPU to the Monitor
- VGA cable
Ans : VGA cable
3. Which one of the following is an input device?
Ans : keyboard
4. Which one of the following is an input device?
- Electric wires
Ans : Wi-Fi
5. Pen drive is device.
- Connecting cable
Ans : Storage
II. Match the Following
|1. VGA||Input device|
|2. Bluetooth||Connecting cable|
|3. Printer||It connects monitor, projector with the computer|
|4. Keyboard||Wireless connection|
|5. HDMI||Output device|
Ans : 1 – B, 2 – D, 3 – E, 4 – A, 5 – C
III. Give short answer
1. Name the parts of a computer.
- Input Unit
- Central Processing Unit (CPU)
- Output Unit
2. Write the functions of epiglottis.
|Input Device||Output Device|
|The input unit helps to send the data and commands for the processing. The devices that are used to input data are called input devices.||The output unit converts, command received by the computer in the form of binary signals into easily understandable characters.|
|Keyboard, Mouse, Scanner, Barcode reader, Microphone-Mic., Web camera, Light Pen are some of the input devices.||Monitor, Printer, Speaker, scanner are some of the output devices|
3. Define Central Processing Unit
Central Processing Unit (CPU) CPU is the brain of the Computer. The data is processed in the CPU. The CPU has namely three parts.
- Memory Unit
- Arithmetic Logic Unit (ALU)
- Control Unit
The control unit controls the functions of all parts of the computer.
Arithmetic Logic Unit
Arithmetic and Logic unit performs all arithmetic computations like addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
The memory unit in the computer saves all data and information temporarily. We can classify memory unit into two types namely primary and secondary memory. Memory can be expanded externally with the help of Compact Disk (CD), Pendrive, etc
4. Define Wireless Connections
Bluetooth, Wi-Fi are used to connect to internet without using any connecting cables / devices.
Mouse, Keyboard can be connected to the computer using the Bluetooth. Using the Bluetooth the data can be shared with nearby devices
Net connectivity can be obtained using the Wi-Fi without any connecting cables. Any data from anywhere can be shared using Wi-Fi.
5. Write the the different types of cables
- Video Graphics Array (VGA)
- High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI)
- Universal Serial Bus (USB)
- Data cable
- Power Cord
- Mic cable
- Ethernet cable