Science : Term 1 Unit 7 : Computer – An Introduction
I. Choose the correct answer:
1. Who is the father of computer?
- Martin Luther King
- Graham Bell
- Charlie Chaplin
- Charles Babbage
Ans : Charles Babbage
2. Which of the following is another form of computer?
Ans : Mobile
3. When was the first computer introduced?
Ans : 1946
4. Who is the computer’s first programmer?
- Lady Wellington
- Augusta ado Lovelace
- Mary Curie
- Mary Comb
Ans : Augusta ado Lovelace
5. Pick out the odd one.
- Flash card
Ans : Flash card
II True or False
1. Computer is an Electronic device.
Ans : True
2. Sir Isaac Newton invented Computer
Ans : False
Cu. An : Charles Babbage invented computer
3. Computer can do calculations fast
Ans : True
III Fill in the Blanks
1. Data is _________ information.
Ans : unprocessed
2. World’s first general purpose computer is _____________
Ans : Abacus
3. Information is ______________ data.
Ans : processed
4. Fifth generation computer has ______________ intelligence
Ans : artificial
5. ___________ is the device that uses Index number.
Ans : Analog Computer
IV. Match the Following
|1. First generation Computer||Artificial Intelligence|
|2. Second generation Computer||Integrated Circuit|
|3. Third generation Computer||Vacuum tubes|
|4. Fourth generation Computer||Transistor|
|5. Fifth generation computer||Micro processor|
Ans : 1 – C, 2 – D, 3 – B, 4 – C, 5 – A
VII. Write Short Answer
1. What is a computer?
Computer is an electronic device that process the data and information according to our needs. We can save the data and convert it into information.
2. Who are the pioneers/forerunners of computer?
Charles Babbage and Augusta Ada Lovelace are the pioneers/forerunners of computer.
3. Write a short note on Data.
Data is the information that has to be processed. Generally, data are in the form of numbers, alphabet and images.
4. Name any four input devices.
Keyboard, Mouse, Scanner and Web camera etc
5. Differentiate Hardware and Software.
|1 It is available in the computer.||It is used to run a particular program.|
|2 It helps the software to work.||It is used for painting, playing in the computer.|
VI. Long Answer
1. Explain in detail the Applications of computer.
- Computer is Used in textile shops
- It is used in Railway stations,
It is used in Banks
- It is used in ATM’s
- It is used even in our local post offices