Science : Chapter 25 : Computer An Introduction
I. Choose the correct answer
1. ____________ is an electronic device which stores data and information.
Ans ; Computer
2. _________ belongs to the generation IV of the computer
- Artificial intelligence
- Vaccum Tubes
Ans ; Microprocessor
3. Data processing involves________ steps.
Ans ; six
4. 1. Abacus belongs to the first generation of the computer.
2. ENIAC was used in the American military.
- Both the statements are correct
- Statement 1 is wrong but 2 is correct
- Statement 1 is correct but 2 is wrong
- Both the statements are wrong.
Ans ; Statement 1 is wrong but 2 is correct
IV. Match the following
|1. III generation computer||integrated circuit|
|2. Text, number||information|
|3. Transistor||Father of computer|
|4. Directly used||Data|
|5. Charles Babbage||II generation|
Ans : 1 – A, 2 – D, 3 – E, 4 – B, 5 – C
III. Short Answer Questions :
1. Define computer.
Computer is an electronic device which manipulates and stores data and information through commands or program codes.
2. Differentiate data and information.
|1. Set of values of qualitative and quantitative variables||Processed data|
|2. It cannot be used directly||it can be used directly|
3. What is data processing?
The data processing in a computer is collecting data and converting it into information according to our needs and requirements.
IV. Answer the following in detail
1. What are the different steps involved in data processing?
- Data collection
- Data storage
- data sorting
- the data processing
- Data analysis
- Data presentation and conclusions
2. List out the generations of computer.
|Period||Generation||Digital device used|
|After 2010||Fifth||Artificial intelligence|